Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Weekend Sports Anchor/MSJ
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
WFMY News 2 in Greensboro, North Carolina is looking for a great Weekend Sports Anchor/MSJ who will excel in this digital age of journalism. We want journalists who can create unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing.
We need you to be able to:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Use your skills to produce different sportscasts that aren’t afraid to break the mold.
- Deliver on-air events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Develop sources that allow you to break stories.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Enterprise sports stories.
- Shoot, write and edit packaged reports.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
- Transmit and present exciting live reports with current technology.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Must be willing to travel
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.