MAJOR ACCOUNTS SALES MANAGER
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
WFMY News 2 -Greensboro-High Point-Winston Salem, NC a TEGNA Inc. station, is looking for an experienced Major Account Sales Manager to lead and Manage the Major Account Team. You will negotiate the largest share of major account business possible within the boundaries of the rate structure. This position will super-serve major accounts and agencies to continue to position TEGNA for maximum revenue opportunities, while maximizing rates on live sports and delivering share goals on political revenue, and driving revenue opportunities on assigned accounts for OTT (Premion) platform.
- Work hand in hand with Pricing Team and DOS on price strategy and plan
- Ensure major account team continually positions the audience for rate and share of business
- Work closely our National Rep firm, CoxReps
- Provide market recaps and conditions to buying community
- Responsible for agency and client relationships at all levels
- Position yourself and team as a resource
- Respond to avails and/or assign accordingly
- Negotiate effectively and secure business
- Turn order over to coordinators
- Merchandise our delivery and performance
- Stay highly focused on pre-logs, post, pre-empts, and make goods
- Minimize/eliminate revenue adjustments/credits
- Total National budget attainment
- Market share achievement
- Maintain proper pricing based on demand
- Budget attainment for major accounts assigned to this team
- Increased share on all business
- Decreased PE’s due to higher rates and CPP’s
- Reduction in revenue adjustments on Regional/National business
- Effective positioning of audience with buyers, supervisors and planners
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- Minimum 5 years of account engagement in a professional, fast paced sales environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Travel as necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects effectively under deadline pressure.
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Ability to effectively solve problems.
- Creative and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization and time management.
No phone calls please. Due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 46 stations in 38 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and 32 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.