Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Producer - 13606
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
WCNC in Charlotte is looking for a TV Producer for our creative, storytelling shop. The producer must be curious, creative, and collaborative. We want someone who has a strong editorial voice and wants to be part of the process not just fill a show.
Our show producers create interesting and informative newscasts, with an emphasis on the use of video, graphics, conversational writing, and innovative formats.
The ideal candidate will share ideas for daily content, while maintaining close attention to detail. This producer must be able to write concisely and find ways to incorporate the brand daily.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
- Write in an exciting, captivating, conversational, and authentic manner
- Create unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion
- Develop original content ideas through social listening and independent sources
- Research for facts and credibility
- Use consumer analytics in determining content
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories
- Line-produce TV newscast
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- Perform other newsroom tasks as needed
- Prefer BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Prefer 2 years of line producing experience
- Understand the tenets of journalism
- Perform other tasks as required by Executive Producer
- Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines
- Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations and changing events
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.