WBTW in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC is seeking a Broadcast Engineer.
Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Broadcast Engineer will provide and perform all information technology support for the station, and to assist with installation and setup of other digital broadcast systems. Participates in managing and maintaining all broadcast and technology related equipment within the facility. Experience in troubleshooting and repairing broadcast transmitters, digital and analog microwave and remote-control systems associated with broadcast transmitters. Experience working with and maintaining high power antenna systems are a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station
- Installs and tests new systems and technical infrastructure for the station
- Minimizes service interruptions at times of equipment and/or system failure by rapidly identifying and implementing solutions
- Sets up and operates equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts
- Interprets and implements instructions and requests from other station personnel
- Communicates with members of the engineering team and other teams to effectively resolve equipment and system issues
- Maintain ENG transmission systems including central receive sites and truck located transmitters and antennas.
- Manage and maintain News production server system, News content storage and playout system, graphics and editing systems
- Manage and assist users with application and desktop support
- Serve Engineering, News, Production, Promotion, and Sales Departments by providing quality support services
- Work closely with Engineering to implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station
- Work with Chief Engineer to keep television transmission systems fully operational and FCC compliant.
- Maintain all EAS monthly logs, for both transmitters as required by FCC.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Myrtle Beach, SC - 29588
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Strong Information Technology background and networking skills required
- Minimum three years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment
- Experience with Broadcast automation systems, routers, video storage devices, SAN storage, satellite ground stations, and RF preferred
- Previous experience maintaining broadcast equipment and associated IT systems in a studio environment required.
- Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing and maintaining broadcasting industry equipment and information technology systems required
- Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment is required
- Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems is preferred
- Microsoft and Cisco certifications are a plus
- Experience with remote desktop applications and VPN required
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe editing systems preferred
- Ability to identify the development needs of others and coach/mentor others to improve their knowledge and/or skills
- Fluency in English; strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work extended hours, as needed