Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Weekend Sports Anchor/MSJ - 007257
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
KYTX CBS19 in Tyler, Texas is looking for a Weekend Sports Anchor/MSJ! We are seeking great storytellers who will excel in this digital age of journalism. The right candidate will go beyond the scores, have a passion for local sports and sports storytelling even for the non-sports viewer. We want journalists who can create unique and shareable news and sports stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing. Live reporting is a must for this position.
- Develop news and sports story ideas, write, shoot and edit stories for on-air broadcasting and digital.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air news and sports events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Develop and contribute news events and deliver them in-studio in a compelling, accurate fashion.
- Interact with other anchors in a poised, authentic, professional and engaging fashion.
- Recognize relevant, engaging elements for a newscast and understand how they might be best presented.
- Research and interview local athletes, coaches, as well as non-team sport athletes.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
- Produce news / sports stories that are unique and captivating.
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Enterprise news /sports stories.
- Shoot, write and edit packaged reports.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Transmit and present exciting live reports with current technology.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 1 to 2 years experience preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus!
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots have examples of news and or sports reporting
- Strong social media skills, including an active presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal