Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
TEGNA Media is looking for a highly skilled photographer to join our news team. We are seeking highly skilled artistic photographers and editors who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile. We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news gathering tools and are able to participate in live performance on air and on live streaming when necessary.
In this role, you will:
- Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
Write and post daily on all digital platforms including attaching images and streaming video. Must include Social Media.
Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
Contact sources and develop news stories. Cover breaking, general, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories. Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
Edit and post video and text content stories for website.
Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Here’s what you need:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Demonstrated social media proficiency, especially in the field, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- SNG experience a plus
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Knowledge in non-linear editing systems
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
TEGNA Media (NYSE: TGNA) is breaking the mold for how media companies operate. Recently named Station Group of the Year by Broadcasting and Cable, we have committed vast resources to transform our company through various initiatives including our “Over-the-Top” advertising and data solutions platform, Premion. TEGNA Inc. is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across media channels. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug-free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.