Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Digital Content Producer
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
WFMY News 2, TEGNA’s CBS station in Greensboro, NC is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a vision for what local news can and should be on digital, social and streaming platforms. This person will have an audience-first approach to produce and distribute WFMY content across the station’s digital, mobile, app, streaming and social media platforms. This position will also be hyper focused on our digital and mobile audience experience and community engagement.
Digital Content Producers are responsible for quality content and a great audience experience on all digital, social and streaming platforms including content production, presentation and distribution. They help create multiple platform storytelling, which includes broadcast, digital and social by working with all content creators and producers. They enterprise content through social listening, being plugged into the community, pitching stories and producing original content for our audience whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- Produce audience first, engaging storytelling through digital articles, videos, photo galleries, social media, push alerts, live streams and interactive elements.
- Produce, shoot, edit videos for WFMY News 2 digital products, such as YouTube and Instagram and Twitter. Focus on accuracy and balance in articles and social content through copy editing and training of staff.
- Social listening: monitor social chatter and track trending stories via ChartBeat, CrowdTangle, Google Trends and station social platforms.
- Urgently and aggressively report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills).
- Generate web traffic through Search Engine Optimization best practices, website management, app management, push notifications and application of advanced social media skills.
- Work with the entire newsroom on one content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination and social listening.
- Use digital and social analytics to inform editorial decisions.
- Assist reporters and anchors in the creation of native social content.
- Enforce best practices on WFMY News 2 digital and social platforms.
- Ensure newsroom upholds journalistic integrity and the WFMY brand across platforms.
- Experience working as a digital producer or digital journalist preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and copy-editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic video and graphic production skills and knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources with an ability to work well with varied personalities within deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Sound news judgment and ability to work both autonomously and as a part of a team.
- Learn, know digital metrics and preferably experience in Google Analytics, CrowdTangle and Chartbeat.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.