Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Newscast Producer- 7930
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
WFMY News 2, TEGNA’s CBS station in Greensboro, NC is searching for an experienced, energetic Newscast Producer. If you want the challenge of producing meaningful content in new ways – if you like the idea of being encouraged to be creative and look past the obvious, this could be a great career move for you. This position doesn’t pin you down to strictly newscasts. You are also playing a critical role in producing on all platforms.
Brief Description of Duties
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- Possess strong news writing, tease writing and production skills.
- Produce, write and coordinate coverage for newscasts.
- Provide editorial guidance to reporters and oversee story development throughout the shift.
- Looking for proactive, well organized producer who is a true journalist. Producers attend editorial meetings and need to lead by example offering story ideas and creative avenues to tell stories.
- College degree with minimum two years’ news producing experience preferred.
- Must possess solid news judgment, display strong communication skills, creativity and ethical decision making skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- ENPS and Axis graphics experience is preferred.
- Must be organized with the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
- Must be able to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.