Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Mgr, National Sales
The National Sales Manager is responsible for all FOX 8, AntennaTV and MyFOX8.com sales activity through the COXReps national offices. Monitors and evaluates national rep’s sales performance; assists in training and development of sales representatives; participates in setting and is accountable for meeting financial goals; establishes and maintains positive working relationships with major agencies/clients.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing or equivalent-related experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience in television sales
- Requires analytical and technical skills to analyze markets and to package, price, and sell available airtime
- Requires knowledge of sales, research and agency operations to train, motivate, direct and evaluate the performance of sales staff
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve national sales budget and/or share across multiple media platforms
- Create and implement new ideas for generating revenue for all of our platforms.
- Estimates the annual amount of advertising dollars to be spent in the marketplace and establishes a sales goal of a percentage of that amount.
- Works with Sales Managers to price station inventory to maximize revenue.
- Works with National Sales Coordinator to section and pre clear orders.
- Works makegood dollars back in in a timely manner.
- Focuses national rep on stations goals and objectives.
- Creates a national action plan with target accounts and strategies.
- Keeps rep updated of station policies, rates, selling opportunities, programming and success stories.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with reps and national buyers, planners and account managers.
- Initiates and maintains local contacts that have influence in the national marketplace.
- Keep Director of Sales informed with daily updates, weekly and monthly reports.
- Monitors competitive national sales activity on weekly basis from reports provided by internal and external monitoring sources.
- Monitors performance of national representative firm through on-going evaluation of various areas including billing growth, share increase, success at selling specials, pre- and post-sell efforts, attention to buyers’ and station’s needs and provides direction and guidance in developing sales goals and strategies to effectively meet these goals.
- Assists rep in preparing sales presentations of major sports events and specials by gathering data from various station sources and overseeing preparation and presentation.
- Works effectively and harmoniously with the other departments at the station.
- Work closely with the national sales coordinator and assist in the training and development of FOX 8 and rep firm sales personnel.
- Back up the Local Sales Manager and Political Business
- Other duties as assigned.
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
|Apply Online URL: