Community Empowerment & News Coordinator
|Position||Community Empowerment & News Coordinator|
|Description||Community Empowerment & News Coordinator
Univision is seeking a talented, high energy individual to fill the role of Community Empowerment & News Coordinator based in Raleigh, NC. The Community Empowerment & News Coordinator reports to the Director of Community Empowerment and assists with projects related to partnerships with companies, governmental and non-profit organizations and the station, as well as community events. The Community Empowerment Coordinator assists in building new community partnerships and helps maintain existing ones. This is achieved by actively engaging potential community partners through various means of communication particularly via email or telephone.
• Regular and timely attendance, for 8 hours a day between 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with occasional weekends
• Assist with the planning and marketing of community events
• Work closely with promotions, sales and news to execute community events
• Help create agreements with community organizations
• Organize, coordinate and monitor community involvement in programs/events
• Assist with station corporate initiative and events
• Schedule, manage and maintain television PSAs
• Assist Director with the quarterly FCC Reports for television
• Professional demeanor required at all times
• Ability to work well with various personalities
• Ability to work well under stressful circumstances and able to meet tight deadlines
• Assist in the taping of On-Air Content: News Magazine, PSA’s, etc.
• Work closely with news producer to assist in putting together newscasts, helping to execute them from inception to completion
• Write news scripts
• Work closely with graphics team for other elements to enhance stories
• Assist News Producers with their editorial needs by helping gather information, video and graphics
Required Skills & Experience
• 1+ year previous newsroom
• Knowledge of formatting, proofreading, basic arithmetic and filing & video editing
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook software packages
• Requires good typing skills
• Community planning, engagement and outreach
• Organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to work in a team setting
• Must have time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines
• Great Communication and teamwork skills
• Fluent in Spanish (read and write) preferred
• Must be willing to work from office in Raleigh, NC
• Employment/education will be verified
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Physical Requirements (optional)
• Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, and sit for up to (8) hours
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As the leading Hispanic media company in the U.S., Univision Communications Inc. entertains, informs and empowers U.S. Hispanics with news, sports and entertainment content across broadcast and cable television, audio and digital platforms. The company’s top-rated media portfolio includes the Univision and UniMás broadcast networks, as well as cable networks Univision Deportes Network (UDN) and Galavisión. Locally, Univision owns or operates 65 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico. Additionally, Uforia, the Home of Latin Music, encompasses 58 owned or operated radio stations, a live event series and a robust digital audio footprint. The company’s prominent digital assets include Univision.com, streaming service Univision Now, the largest Hispanic influencer network and several top-rated apps. For more information, visit corporate.univision.com.