Technical Media Producer
WBTV in Charlotte, NC is looking for a Technical Media Producer and an Information Technology Manager. Please post the job opening below (and attached) and direct anyone who may be interested in applying to the following links:
WBTV has an immediate, full-time opening for a Technical Media Producer / Newscast Director. Technical Media Producers work in WBTV's state-of-the-art media control center and are responsible for directing both live and pre-recorded productions, as well as processing on air commercial content for the station. This is an opportunity to build your career in the constantly evolving television industry while refining your own skills with cutting edge technology. This is a career opportunity to join the award-winning team behind the number one News station in Charlotte North Carolina.
- Work alongside the News team to create, code & direct, dynamic, fast-paced, top-rated newscasts & programming
- Coordinate live acquisition of News video utilizing ENG, SNG, CNG and IP-based transmission platforms
- Design compelling and engaging graphics and visual elements to help our journalists communicate their stories
- Monitor on-air signals, ingest daily programming and commercials, and operate Master Control automation system
- Be responsible for regular care and maintenance of equipment and studio, including lighting, cameras, and sets
- Occasional operation of studio teleprompter, floor directing, and various other duties as assigned
- The successful candidate will be creative, extremely detail-oriented and have very strong problem-solving, multi-tasking, and communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high stress environment under deadline pressure
- Able to work well with a team and equally comfortable working individually
- Flexible to work mornings, nights, weekends and changing schedules
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to climb and work on ladders and comfortably lift 30 pounds or more
- Computer literacy is a must
- Strong grasp of visual design, grammar, and spelling
- While previous television experience is preferred, it is not required
- Experience with HD video production, Ross Overdrive, VizRT Graphics, Crispin Master Control Automation, ENPS, and non-linear editing systems is a plus.
Please apply online and attach resume.