Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Director of Sales
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
WCNC, NBC Charlotte and related digital and multi-platform product offerings, is seeking a Director of Sales. This position will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for achieving the revenue goals of the TEGNA business unit in the Charlotte, NC market.
This is a position for a visionary leader that is an inspiring, positive, results-oriented and confident executive who has a track record of recruiting and retaining highly successful sales teams resulting in building an outstanding and high performing sales culture.
Primary responsibilities include achieving budgets, effectively articulating and leading the revenue vision for the media group and setting the strategic direction of the team with a clear execution plan. In addition to the fundamental skill sets of effective yield management; accurate forecasting; budget creation and management; product goal setting for the sales organization, this individual must be an imaginative idea person that is highly effective in a dynamic environment of change that inspires top performance and has a track record of building significant and meaningful client relationships.
The Director of Sales will:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- Achieve revenue plan in core, enterprise and digital and market share goals
- Recruit, develop, retain and supervise an elite, highly performing sales team
- Develop strong relationships with local advertisers as an influencer and accelerator for business opportunities
- Strong judgment with outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Impressive strategic thinker developing and leading the strategic direction and go to market strategy on a sustained basis
- Optimize the vast product set, training opportunities, vendor and consulting resources available to WCNC and the TEGNA sales divisions
- Lead change effectively and innovate and embrace new product opportunities
- Price inventory to meet and exceed budget goals with accurate forecasting
- Collaborate with others on ratings estimates and projections to optimize value
- Manage a productive relationship with our national rep to achieve budget
- Work collaboratively with the WCNC department heads and station management
- Represent WCNC in external sales and marketing related industry functions
- Travel on a regular basis and attend sales-related functions after business hours
Five or more years of proven successful sales management with knowledge of all facets of TV broadcast and digital sales and marketing
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think and lead strategically and be a proven problem solver and thought leader
- Must be able to work under pressure with changing priorities and goals
- Ability to effectively manage a large staff with various skillsets
- Rentrak, Wide Orbit and Sharebuilder experience desirable
- Advanced CRM system experience; Salesforce.com experience desirable