Digital Content Producer - News
|Position||Digital Content Producer - News|
|Description||WECT News in Wilmington, NC is seeking a dynamic full-time Digital Content Producer.
We’re looking for someone to produce engaging content for our digital and social platforms who has a knack for news and speaks the social media language.
This position is not for someone who wants to sit around and wait for the news to come to them. The successful candidate must be driven, creative and an active content creator.
We are looking for a top-notch digital journalist who can write an AP-style news story for the web quickly and without errors. This producer may also step in front of the camera to provide quick, informative digital updates to supplement written copy.
Candidates must be able to learn and retain knowledge on complex processes, such as: sending out breaking news alerts, organizing content on our website and mobile app, setting up a livestream on our website and Facebook, finding and creating engaging web graphics, and more.
The producer should also understand how to use monitoring and management tools for social publishing and reporting. An ideal candidate will bring strong creative ideas and build innovative and engaging content in a fast-paced environment.
• Writes AP-style news stories daily for web
• Subsequently posts engaging content on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Sends breaking news and trending push alerts
• Utilizes analytics to track trends in daily decision-making
• Copy-edits digital stories from reporters and other newsroom staff
• Knowledge and use of effective SEO practices
• Live-streams events using station technology for web and Facebook
• Monitors comments and messages on the WECT social media pages
• Creates memes, videos and graphics for social engagement
• Communicates effectively with producers to incorporate web and social elements into newscasts
• Attends and contributes in digital and editorial meetings
• Edits videos using non-linear software; Edius a plus
• A background in journalism and communications with strong writing skills preferred
• A solid understanding of social media and analytics
• 1-2 years newsroom and digital content producing experience preferred
• Must have a solid grasp of AP Style, the ability to write clearly with sound grammar and under deadline pressure
» Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.