Bahakel Digital Media
DIRECTOR, BAHAKEL DIGITAL MEDIA
Bahakel Communications, a media company in Charlotte, North Carolina, is searching for a high-performing strategic leader to serve as Director, Bahakel Digital Media. This executive’s initial role will be to plan, develop and launch its new centralized in-house corporate digital company, Bahakel Digital. Ultimately, Bahakel Digital’s goal is to grow digital revenue for the company’s television and radio stations.
- Develop a strategic plan and execution time table for launch through immediate 5-year cycle
- Analyze, organize and GROW individual stations’ assets in the areas of:
- Platforms and distribution
- User impressions and engagements
- Operations efficiency
- Brand equity
- Build a full suite of agency services to provide effective solutions for stations’ digital clients’ needs
- Vet and create strong third-party vendor and ad tech partnerships
- Recruit proven performers and manage an accountable team of direct reports
- Foster collaborative cultures between stations’ digital departments
- Provide digital insight and skills training to stations’ local sales and operations staffs
- Share best-practices techniques with stations’ managements
- Manage digital forecasts and budgets
Skills & Experience Required
- Effective communicator and inclusive leader who listens well, takes input from all levels, creates and achieves a shared vision
- 10+ years of proven performance in leadership positions within broadcast television companies
- 3+ years of recent multimedia sales experience immersed in OTT, In-Stream and numerous additional digital products and services
- Proven strong track record of successful leadership, creativity, innovation and goal achievement
- Top-notch critical thinking skills and data-driven decision-making capabilities
- Mastery of organization, prioritization and time-management
- Possesses compelling speaking and presentation skills
- Experience working within large Fortune 500 and small privately held media ownership groups
- Demonstrates excellent judgement, is well-respected and is an industry and community leader
- Experience with Wide Orbit traffic and billing system preferred
ABOUT BAHAKEL COMMUNICATIONS
Bahakel Communications, Ltd. is a regional broadcaster in the southern United States. Founded by the late Cy Bahakel in 1953, Bahakel Communications owns 6 television stations (WCCB in Charlotte, NC; WOLO-TV in Columbia, SC; WFXB in Myrtle Beach, SC; WAKA, WBMM and WNCF in Montgomery, AL; and WBBJ-TV in Jackson, TN), Bahakel Communications owns 6 radio stations, KILO and KRXP in Colorado Springs, CO; WDEF-AM, WDEF-FM, WDOD-FM, and WUUQ-FM in Chattanooga, TN). A family-owned company headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Bahakel Communications is committed to excellence in innovative local television and radio broadcasting and recognition of the true value of its employees.
Bahakel Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Carol Mangin, Executive Assistant
1/8/20 No phone calls, please.