Oversee the production of the newscast, choosing stories and placement of stories in the newscast. Write bulk of newscast, with assistance from associate producer. Participate in story meetings and set up content and interviews. Coordinate crews as needed. Work hand-in-hand with production department to communicate graphic needs and blocking of show. Review meter and diary ratings to determine direction for newscasts with news managers.
Must be aggressive, have strong organizational skills, be creative, competitive, patient, and a strong team player. Must be a quick writer, demonstrating exceptional spelling and grammar. Must communicate effectively in booth during a show and work one-on-one with talent in structuring the show. Must be able to effectively judge multiple live shots, satellite shots with anchors, and have a clean show.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- The successful candidate must be assertive, have strong organizational skills, be creative, competitive, patient, and a strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must communicate effectively in the booth during a show and work one-on-one with talent in structuring the show.
- Must be able to effectively judge multiple live shots, satellite shots with anchors, and have a clean show
- Minimum two years’ experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work any shift
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Send a reel, resume, and cover letter to Kevin Daniels, News Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.