Media - Journalism - Newspaper
WXLV in Greensboro-High Point-Winston Salem?has an excellent opportunity for an experienced News Manager.?The person selected for this position will oversee news gathering and production at WXLV in Winston Salem.
WXLV in Greensboro-High Point-Winston Salem has an excellent opportunity for an experienced News Manager. The person selected for this position will oversee news gathering and production at WXLV in Winston Salem.
- Supervise MMJ’s
- Develop and evaluate story ideas, with an emphasis on enterprise journalism and strong storytelling
- Oversee local digital operations.
- Create and post content to digital platforms.
- Approve scripts, assist with re-writes and provide production ideas
- Collaborate with news producers on placement of stories
- Develop community contacts for story ideas
- Provide regular performance reviews to MMJ’s and producers through coaching and critiquing
- Plan for and help lead coverage of major news events
- Work with Group News Director to ensure policies and procedures are followed
- Excellent news judgment
- Interpersonal skills
- Writing and editing ability
- Imagination and strong management skills
- Must be able to work closely with reporters to improve story conception, execution and story-telling skills
- Previous experience in broadcast news management with direct reporter oversights preferred.
- At least two years of television experience as a Producer, Executive Producer, Managing Editor, or News Director
- Experience in supervising news personnel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
Sinclair Broadcast Group - Careers