Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Morning News Producer
WXLV in Greensboro-High Point-Winston Salem?has an immediate opening for an energetic and creative morning producer?to oversee branding and check content for overall fairness, balance and accuracy.??
The ideal candidate will work with morning team to execute the vision and expectations we have for our daily products at WXLV both on air and on line.? You will work closely with the Local News Manager to ensure the products are on brand. A standout?candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage time effectively in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast and?develop content for our web site. Qualified applicants will have prior television producer experience along with quality writing and copy-editing skills. Additionally, you should demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining close attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid news judgment
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
- Morning content planning
- Four-year college degree in journalism or communications preferred
- Minimum of?1 year of experience in broadcast journalism as a producer or equivalent experience
- Proficient with newsroom systems (such as iNews)
- Strong?leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives?
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
Sinclair Broadcast Group - Careers