Part-Time Production Technician
- Job Description
WNCN-TV Part-Time Production Technician Position
The CBS affiliate in Raleigh, NC seeks a Part-Time Television Production Assistant to perform duties for live and pre-recorded television broadcasts and webcasts including newscasts, breaking news, and other programming on air, online, and on social media platforms.
- Additional Job Description
Additional Job Description
- Duties (including but not limited to):
- Operate audio board, microphones, and IFB equipment
- Operate graphics systems
- Operate multiple studio robotic cameras simultaneously
- Operate teleprompter
- Provide cues to on air talent
- Adjust and dress cables, equipment, props, etc. to maintain an orderly, safe, and clean studio space
- Monitor and adjust studio lights
- Record, edit and import elements for master control automation
- Communicate and collaborate successfully with journalists, presenters, technicians, fellow production staff, other station team members, and members of the public
- Other Technical Skills:
- Confidence in general computer skills
- Video Non-linear editing
- Operation of studio and field cameras to record and transmit video for use in live and pre-recorded programs and segments
- Familiarity with and/or ability to quickly get up to speed on file formats and video codecs for ingest, encoding, and playback of assets
- Willingness and ability to train and acquire skills and knowledge to direct (switcher operation), produce live streams, operate routing gear, and the operate live transmission equipment (TVU, ENG, & SNG) in the field, is a plus.
- Work Schedule is: As Assigned
- Availability to work a set part-time schedule and regularly pick up extra shifts.
Requirements & Skills:
- Degree in Communication or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience
- Experience in television, film, or post production preferred but not required
- Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication and organization skills
Free Employee Assistance Program & 401K is available the First Day of the Month after 60 days of employment
EOE M/F/D/V Pre-employment Background & MVR screening required.
All Applicants must apply Online and Create an Account to add your Resume and Cover Letter.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!