|Description||Univision is seeking a talented Multimedia Journalist based in Raleigh, NC.
This individual must be a strategic and creative thinker, a self-starter, and a collaborator willing to learn and share ideas.
• Reporting, shooting and editing video news stories and producing content for use in multiple outlets
• Candidate will write and post across various platforms including updating web site and mobile products
• The right candidate must know social media, do walk-and-talk live shots and be able to grab viewers with sights and sounds
• Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, produce, report and edit assigned stories daily
• Post video, pictures and stories to Website, Facebook, Radio and other social media outlets
• Maintain strong familiarity with local, national and international news and issues of the day
• Establish and maintain news contacts in the community
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors and the community at large
• Other duties as deemed necessary
Required Skills & Experience
• Minimum 1-year newsroom experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish, with superior written/spoken Spanish language skills
• Must be able to operate newsroom computer systems and applications (both hardware/software)
• Knowledge of iNews required
• High ethical and journalistic standards are required
• Candidate must have functional to advanced knowledge in the use of field cameras, gear and editing systems
• Candidate must be able to make sound decisions while working under extreme deadlines and must have the ability to follow directions and incorporate constructive
Desired Skills & Experience
• BA degree in communication, journalism, television broadcasting or equivalent preferred
• Adobe Premiere preferred
• Must be willing to work from office in Raleigh, NC
• Employment/education will be verified
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please apply directly on our Careers site: https://univision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Raleigh-NC/Multimedia-Journalist_R007296
About Univision Communications Inc. As the leading Hispanic media company in the U.S., Univision Communications Inc. entertains, informs and empowers U.S. Hispanics with news, sports and entertainment content across broadcast and cable television, audio and digital platforms. The company’s top-rated media portfolio includes the Univision and UniMás broadcast networks, as well as cable networks Univision Deportes Network (UDN) and Galavisión. Locally, Univision owns or operates 65 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico. Additionally, Uforia, the Home of Latin Music, encompasses 58 owned or operated radio stations, a live event series and a robust digital audio footprint. The company’s prominent digital assets include Univision.com, streaming service Univision Now, the largest Hispanic influencer network and several top-rated apps. For more information, visit corporate.univision.com.
Como la principal empresa de medios de comunicación dirigidos a los hispanos en Estados Unidos, Univision Communications Inc. los entretiene, informa y empodera con contenido de noticias, deportes y entretenimiento en televisión de señal abierta y cable, además de audio y plataformas digitales. La destacada cartera de propiedades de la compañía incluye las cadenas de señal abierta Univision y UniMás, y las cadenas de cable Univision Deportes Network (UDN) y Galavisión. A nivel local, Univision es propietaria y opera 65 estaciones en los principales mercados hispanos de Estados Unidos y Puerto Rico. Además, Uforia, the Home of Latin Music, es propietaria u opera 58 estaciones de radio, presenta una serie de eventos en vivo y tiene una robusta presencia de audio digital. La prominente cartera digital de la empresa incluye Univision.com, el servicio de streaming Univision Now, la mayor cadena de influencers hispanos y varias de las aplicaciones más populares. Para mayor información, visiten corporate.univision.com .
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net. Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer