Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Anchor Reporter/MSJ - 9805
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
WFMY, a Tegna owned CBS affiliate in Greensboro, NC is looking for an experienced, dynamic, enterprising Anchor/Reporter/MSJ (Multi-Skilled Journalist) We are searching for someone who understands that anchoring isn't just about reading scripts and reporting isn't just covering news conferences. We need a strong storyteller and team player who knows how to connect with the community on all platforms. In this role, you’ll be expected to take a leadership role in the broadcast, assisting with the show’s execution and writing for TV and digital. You will also turn stories 2-3 times a week. That reporting will require establishing sources, breaking news and pitching unique enterprise ideas. You will need to be consistently engaging with viewers on social media and participate in.
• Generating unique, compelling and innovative story/show ideas and content.
• Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must
• Excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement
• Cultivate sources
• Contribute to multiple platforms on a daily basis including writing for the websites, posting on social media, creating for mobile, and most of all creating a dialog with our audience and your friends and followers.
• Collaborate with a team to produce the most creative, compelling stories
• Develop contacts and relationships in the community, community events that includes times outside normal work hours
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
• Journalism or Mass Communication degree preferred with a minimum of three years' experience as an anchor in a medium to small market.
• Strong on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib
• Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills
• Ability to shoot and edit using non-linear editing systems
• Must be able to report in a broad range of styles with good on-air presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
• Strong social media presence
• Specialized reporting experience (investigative) a plus