Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Editor/Photojournalist - 009819
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
WCNC-TV in Charlotte is looking for a highly skilled video editor/photojournalist to join our news team. We are seeking highly skilled, artistic editors and photographers who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile. We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest editing software, tools and techniques as well as the latest photography tools and standards. They quickly create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news gathering tools and are able to participate in live performance on air and on live streaming when necessary.
In this role, you will:
Edit, file and post a variety of video elements including voice-overs, packages, high-end animations and bumpers.
Operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius and Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere & After Effects) is a plus.
- Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Cover breaking news, general assignment, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories. Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems - preferably in a local TV news department environment.
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Demonstrated social media proficiency, especially in the field, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- SNG experience a plus
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Knowledge in non-linear editing systems
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.