VP & GM – Microspace Communications
Capitol Broadcasting Company
Title: VP & GM – Microspace Communications
Microspace Communications is a leading provider of broadcast data and audio satellite services. Founded in 1988, Microspace is a pioneer in innovative content distribution solutions for established and emerging enterprise applications. These include digital signage, digital cinema, multimedia entertainment, corporate communications, radio broadcasting, wireless messaging and private data networks. We are looking to hire a VP & GM to lead our team.
The ideal candidate is hungry to seize the opportunity to grow the business by partnering with employees and clients to ensure quality customer experiences. Partnering on the evolution of Microspace and strategies to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders is key. We are looking for a leader and team player to share insights around prospective client needs and learning gaps to make improvements to Microspace offerings, resources, and marketing strategy. This person will collaborate with staff, partners, customers, and company leadership to utilize feedback and ideas for continuous improvement. Must have a confident positive attitude with a friendly approach, and demonstrate a commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive division.
- Fiduciary duties, as well as managing Sales & Marketing to grow the revenue of the company.
- Engineering and operations oversight to provide world-class services to customers on a 24x7x365 basis.
- Financial, General, and Administrative oversight to support the needs of the company’s actions.
- Presenting to Fortune 100 companies and small entrepreneurs.
- Working with corporate support departments, such as; HR, Financial & Accounting and Legal.
- Negotiating vendor agreements including satellite owners, internet providers, and cellular service providers.
- Managing service levels at multiple sites.
- Constantly exploring new technologies, including hardware and software, to keep the company on the leading edge of current and future services.
- Monitoring industry trends, including FCC regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Travel to customers, prospects, vendor meetings, and trade shows.
- Knowledge of satellite services, including Ku-band and C-band.
- Knowledge of internet services, including cloud-computing services.
- Knowledge of cellular services, including 3G, 4G-LTE and 5G.
- Experience with budgeting and updating financial reports.
- Highly organized individual who is able to multi-task in dynamic work environment.
- Being available 24x7x365 is required for emergency responses and critical decision making.
- Bachelor degree required. Master’s degree highly preferred.
- At least 10 years’ experience as a senior executive in the telecommunications industry. Past entrepreneurial pursuits are a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, collaborate, and adapt to new tools and processes.
- Ability to quickly develop relationships and establish credibility through consultative, needs-based conversations.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality and Bull Durham Beer Co., and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC; and Professional Builders Supply (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.