Media - Journalism - Newspaper
DIgital Content Producer- 10203
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
Charlotte’s, WCNC is looking for a Digital Assignment Editor. This role is responsible for discovering, researching, creating and distributing content for all platforms (TV and digital). We need a team-player who has a passion for breaking news and telling important stories. This role allows the ideal candidate the opportunity to help direct content coverage as well as create. This is a nightside shift working through our 11pm newscasts.
• Duties include but are not limited to: Writing news stories, gathering information, delivering content on digital platforms, answering phones, listening to police scanners, bringing in live shots from various sources and live streaming. The position is responsible for assigning and dispatching crews, assisting crews with contacts and research and publishing original content to the website.
• Must be a strong writer and copy editor with excellent editorial judgment, time management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize quickly.
• A successful candidate will also help enterprise news through beat calls, social listening and cultivated sources.
• We are looking for a proactive, outgoing and creative candidate with the journalism experience and technical skills required for this job.
• Understanding of social media audience engagement and search engine optimization techniques is also preferred.
• Experience with writing using AP style is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
• Covering breaking news events as part of a fast-paced assignment /digital team
• Strong assignment editor/writing skills
• Solid news knowledge – preferably of the Charlotte market
• Working in multiple content management systems
• Editing and managing video on digital platforms
• Knowledgeable about how to use social media to generate digital traffic and engagement
• Researching, creating and publishing original content to wcnc.com
• Ability to identify stories that could go viral
• Ability to work with reporters to develop assigned stories
• Working under tight deadlines
• Planning ahead for social, digital and on-air coverage of events
• Ability to manage content on a variety of platforms including desktop, mobile sites, apps and social media
• Newsroom experience as a producer/ reporter/ assignment editor /digital producer
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources and work well with varied personalities on deadline
• Experience working in a digital content management system like Wordpress or WorldNow and with digital photo and video editing tools such as iMovie or Brightcove
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Excellent in managing news crews and news judgment
• Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills