Broadcasting - Radio - TV
Do you want to live in the third fastest growing city in the US? Do you want to be able to sell in a city where the money is? How about the climate of a beautiful city like Charlotte, NC? Plus you would work for the best company in the business, TEGNA. Well look no further, WCNC has the best opportunity in the business.
WCNC-TV has an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive to join our Sales team! We provide the culture, tools and environment for you to achieve unlimited success by offering great ideas and creative executions to local businesses.
The Account Executive develops new and incremental revenue, focused on the customer’s return on investment. Retains and grows existing key accounts through insight proposals, proof of performance, and maximizing station assets. You would also be responsible for an existing list of active accounts that have great opportunity for growth. This position offers both a base salary and huge opportunity to grow your income through a rewarding commission structure. This is a direct hire role eligible for standard company wide benefits.
In this role, you will:
- Creates a strategic business plan with manager to meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis.
- Develop advertising solutions for new customers that deliver results to their customers.
- Upsell current customers by providing proof of performance and solid results.
- Work target accounts in the pipeline at all times. Replenishes as these accounts emerge.
- Source extra accounts (prospects) in the pipeline at all times. Replenish as these accounts emerge.
- Conduct Needs Analyses and account reviews to uncover the customer’s most essential needs.
- Possess a deep understanding of local and regional business vertical segments and constantly seeks to learn more.
- Able to demonstrate product knowledge and value to their customers.
- Able to explain the benefits of Digital (SEM, SEO, Social, Display) and its integration with TV, in tandem with digital personnel.
- Effectively negotiate with customers to meet a winning return on investment.
- Collaborate with Account Manager to provide timely and accurate traffic instructions; conducts account maintenance including make-goods posts, and aging/collections.
- In collaboration with Account Manager, create and deliver formal written and verbal presentations to clients.
- Use CRM to manage day to day activity, build a pipeline and ensure execution.
- Use CRM tool for projections, weekly.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Here’s what you need:
- Minimum 2 years business to business sales experience
- Local television sales experience preferred
- Proven sales leader with demonstrated record of sales achievement
- Ability to think and lead strategically
- Proven problem solver
- Effective driver of integrated revenue (Television plus Digital)
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Wide Orbit experience is a plus
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.