WFMY News 2 in Greensboro, North Carolina is looking for a great storyteller who will excel in this digital age of journalism. We want a smart, aggressive, creative storyteller who creates unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing. We also want a journalist who thrives live and is conversational and engaging.
• Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for all platforms
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
• Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest
• Produce news stories that are unique and captivating
• Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms, including social media
• Enterprise news stories
• Shoot, write and edit packaged reports
• Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video
• Perform other tasks, as required by supervisor
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.