WCNC-TV is looking for a Broadcast Engineer for a TEGNA NBC affiliate in Charlotte, NC. This individual will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing TV/Digital production, transmission, and broadcast systems equipment.
• Support day to day operations of our television station including all daily news operations, equipment, and computer-based IT systems.
• Maintain and/or repair satellite receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, routers, automation, editing systems, intercoms, monitors, display systems, as well as traditional desktop and file/print services.
• Provide technical support to operational users.
• Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals including network servers, storage, network operating systems, PCs and software applications, LAN cabling, system security, and virus protection.
• Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required.
• Create and maintain wiring documentation, and system configuration documentation.
• Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices.
• Maintain knowledge staying current on technological advances including computer software and hardware, media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, and studio production.
• Knowledge of IT and Broadcast systems operation, maintenance and services as needed to assist in supporting these systems.
• Provide light building maintenance and perform other duties as assigned.
• Maintain, support and upgrade broadcast and IT environments throughout the station including the news department, sales and traffic departments, and/or television broadcast studio.
• Maintenance and support of Gates Air Transmitter.
• Must possess strong multitasking skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.