Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Head of Technology & Operations 10374
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
WCNC-TV, the TEGNA-owned NBC affiliate in Charlotte, NC. has an immediate opening for an experienced, versatile Head of Technology and Operations. This position will report directly to the Regional Head of Technology and Operations.
The Head of Technology and Operations is responsible for leading the Engineering, Production, and Information Technology teams, which supports all WCNC broadcast technologies in a 24/7/365 environment. This position is responsible for (including but not limited to):
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- Managing short-and-long term technology strategy
- Day-to-day operations including equipment integration, maintenance for the core infrastructure, studios, control rooms, facility, post-production, and transmission for all live programming.
- Oversee compliance of FCC rules and regulations.
- Manage compliance of critical security policies, including Account, Password Security, Vulnerability Protection, Virus Protection, Untrusted Network, and IT Incident Reporting policies.
- Manage Covid Safety Compliance.
- Manage Business Continuity and Disaster Contingency plans
- Maintain responsibility for the Engineering Department. Includes: payroll management, expense budgeting, approvals, reviews, leadership, delegation, and accountability. Monitors and creatively scrutinizes daily on-air technical quality.
- Leads workflow improvements for both on-air and online products.
- Manages vendor contracts including technology, building maintenance, security, coffee/snack vending, and janitorial services.
- Leads capital planning and submission process for station.
- Leads project planning and project management for station wide initiatives.
- Member of station leadership team, involved in long-term and short-term operational and strategic planning. Leadership team members live TEGNA core values of inclusion, integrity, and innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education and a minimum of five years’ experience in a broadcast operations/technology management role.
- Strong customer service skills and unfailing professionalism. Demonstrate impeccable written and verbal communication and presentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated strong leadership with a focus on team management.
- Understanding of IT processes including security, workflow, and management
- In-depth knowledge of broadcast technologies including: ENPS Newsroom Systems, Sony ELC automation, RF Transmission, Broadcast Switchers, Router Systems, Field Cameras, Signal Path Workflows.
- Demonstrated strong project management experience.
- Ability to work well and make quick decisions under pressure.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in support of a 24x7x365 operation.