• BA/BS in journalism, communication or related field
• 5 plus years of experience as an journalist
• Seasoned on-air presence and personality
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
• Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
• A portfolio with examples of consumer, investigative and breaking news reporting
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Strong social media skills, including an active news presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.