The Editor/Photojournalist operates editing equipment and/or video cameras to edit video for newscasts or record images or scenes for news.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Edit stories.
- Collaborate with producers, reporters and anchors on video elements of newscasts.
- Capture visual content and edit stories and daily newscasts
- Shoots video for news reports
- Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, logistics and shot requirements
- Sets up, composes and executes video shots
- Maintains video equipment
- Edits video clips for television broadcasts and digital media
- Operate live TVU or live truck in remote situations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- High school diploma
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience operating video recording equipment; editing
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Proficiency with video recording equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work any shift