Media - Journalism - Newspaper
IT Help Desk Specialist-011959
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
WCNC-TV, the NBC affiliate in Charlotte, NC is looking for an IT Help Desk Specialist who will be responsible for assisting in the integration, maintenance, operation, and support of broadcast and business IT systems. The position supports broadcast-centric software and hardware as well as traditional desktop and file and print services. The candidate will respond quickly to provide technical support for news, sales, and other content production operations. This position reports to the Information Technology Manager.
• Support day to day operations of our television station including all daily news operations, equipment, and computer-based IT systems.
• Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software and peripherals, including network servers, storage, network operating systems, PCs and PC applications, LAN cabling, system security and virus protection.
• Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances including computer software and hardware, media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, studio production and workstation products.
• Maintain, support and upgrade broadcast and IT environments throughout the station including the news department, sales and traffic departments, and/or television broadcast studios.
• Must possess strong personal interaction skills, good communication skills with non-technical end-users, ability to work under pressure and deadlines, and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
• Available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, and holidays, as needed.
• Ability to lift 40 lbs and climb ladder. Other duties as directed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
• Computer Science or IT related degree, or work experience in lieu of degree.
• Solid understanding of current computer hardware, network technologies, and Microsoft Active Directory environment
• Understanding of file-based multimedia technologies and video edit systems.
• Ability to install and maintain computer systems and network equipment.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical end users.
• Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule in support of a 24x7x365 operation.