It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Do you want to produce a newscast that’s smart and relevant? WGHP/FOX 8 is looking for a dynamic producer to join our team. This producer will be responsible for overseeing the production of the newscast; choosing stories and placement of stories in the newscast.
You will write the bulk of newscast, with assistance from the associate producer. In addition, you will participate in story meetings and set up content and interviews. Coordinate crews as needed. Work hand-in-hand with the production department to communicate graphics needs and blocking of the show. Review meter and diary ratings to determine the direction for newscasts with news managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- The successful candidate must be assertive, have strong organizational skills, be creative, competitive, patient, and a strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must communicate effectively in the booth during a show and work one-on-one with talent in structuring the show.
- Must be able to effectively judge multiple live shots, satellite shots with anchors, and have a clean show
- Minimum two years’ experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work any shift
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Send a reel, resume, and cover letter to Kevin Daniels, News Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.