Lifestyle Show Host/Producer - 14281
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Eastern North Carolina’s CW / WNCT in Greenville, NC is looking for a driven Lifestyle Show Host/Producer to shape and grow our exciting lifestyle show. The ideal candidate will consistently push boundaries by creating new ways to engage our viewers and users on all its platforms with fresh elements for the show.
Are you the type of person who can smoothly transition from witty banter to having honest conversations about community issues? Then you could be a great fit for our 30-minute weekday show. “The East’s Daily Download” is all about Eastern North Carolina. You'll be working on our growing show by overseeing daily operations, booking guests, and helping to get the show out of the studio more and into the field producing on location. You’ll work closely with the show’s reporter, executive producer, and videographer/editor to create an entertaining and informative television show.
This position requires writing, editing, producing, hosting, and working with our sales team and clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for stacking and hosting the show, bookings, scheduling video shoots, writing segments, teases and must be comfortable making decisions. Our Lifestyle Show Host/Producer will travel around the Greenville, NC DMA and will also assist at station events and other duties as assigned by the Creative Services Director. If you have a strong on-air presence, tell great stories and love to connect with viewers and the community, this position is the perfect mix for you.
Ideally you have experience either as Producer/Host on a lifestyle show or as an AP/Host or Producing a daily newscast. Must have experience with ENPS. Apply online at www.nexstar.tv/careers
- Produce lifestyle show
- Writes and approves scripts
- Works with host on interviews and on location segments
- Balances feature content to create compelling shows
- Edits video
- Delegates duties to show staff
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
- Interview guests in a sometimes non-scripted, lifestyle show environment
- Knowledge of current events, popular culture, and compelling subjects in Eastern North Carolina area
- Research show topics and develop questions for guests
- Participate in events - either station sponsored or others - to promote the show
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Software: Adobe Creative Cloud; Premiere and Photoshop; ENPS
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Deadline driven and works well under pressure
- Creative thinker who isn’t afraid to try new ideas
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum one year experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines, and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously