Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Marketing Producer - 012121
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
WCNC Charlotte, a TEGNA station based in Charlotte, North Carolina, is seeking a brilliant, spirited, and Multimedia Marketing Producer. The Marketing Producer will also be responsible for the creation of jaw dropping, heart stopping, tear jerking creative, as well as innovative broadcast, digital, and social media messaging for WCNC. If you are a professional storyteller with a head for marketing, and can do it on both broadcast and digital platforms, send us your reel!
- Using research and applying sound strategy, develop and execute creative concepts via on-air news promos, station image campaigns, original content, and graphic design. Campaigns should deliver a clear message and reinforce the value of the station and/or client’s brand.
- Guiding the overall look/tone/feel of creative campaigns through writing, shooting and editing on-air spots and other marketing materials.
- Shoot highly-stylized videos and photography for campaigns.
- Use Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects to produce high-quality, high-impact creative.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- At least three years of previous production experience (TV/film/other) shared via a reel
- A college degree in marketing, advertising, design or related field is preferred - but don’t let that scare you off if you don’t have one.
- The ability to apply research and data to develop creative messages that drive audience growth.
- Effective communication skill in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to keep track of multiple projects and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and other production tools.
- Strong writing, shooting and non-linear editing skills, plus the ability to consistently generate compelling, inspiring creative that fits the station’s brand.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule that may require being present in breaking news situations, along with some night and weekend assignments.
- Work environment: office
- Must be able to lift item up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work in Charlotte, NC. This is not a remote position.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.