• Proven ability to troubleshoot and maintain television broadcast equipment.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills (ability to clearly communicate the status of problems, provide updates to progress on projects, and offer solutions to technical issues).
• Experience with Crispin Automation, Harmonic Master Control systems, WSI Weather Systems or SONY Switchers and ELC would be a plus.
• Minimum 5 years related TV broadcasting and/or network IT experience.
• Associate degree (AA) in electronics, related field or work experience in lieu of degree.
• Ability to install and maintain computer systems and network equipment.
• Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision.
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines, and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
• Available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, and holidays, as needed.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks.
Work Environment: Moderate risk
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Moderate risk: involves moderate risks or discomforts that require special safety precautions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.