North Carolina Public Radio WUNC, Chapel Hill
North Carolina Public Radio WUNC is hiring an AM Reporter.
The AM Reporter will work with the Morning Edition Host to produce all locally generated news content for WUNC’s broadcast of Morning Edition. The work schedule for this position is 4:30 AM to 12:30 PM Monday to Friday with some occasional shifts on holidays or weekends. The AM Reporter also reports stories for broadcast and digital. The AM Reporter may serve as an on-air host and newscaster as assigned.
The AM Reporter reports to WUNC’s Daily News Editor, and the position is located in Chapel Hill.
WUNC is headquartered in the Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) of North Carolina. It’s often rated among the top areas to live in the country. The ocean and mountains are just a few hours away. North Carolina Public Radio serves more than 335,000 listeners weekly and was ranked Number 1 in the Raleigh Metro Market for adults 25+ in 2021. Salary and benefits are competitive.
A Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of journalism experience is required.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a public media news room. Leading candidates will have:
• A bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communication, public policy, or related field.
• At least three years of experience as a journalist and/or radio news producer.
• Experience at a listener-supported public radio station or network preferred.
• Experience with public radio or related not-for-profit fundraising preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and meet deadlines working with materials from a variety of sources and collaborators.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with colleagues effectively and collaboratively.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Creativity and initiative.
• A familiarity with North Carolina’s issues preferred.
Interested candidates must apply online at: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/218699. Candidates should be prepared to attach a current CV, cover letter, and links to their journalism. The deadline to apply is 01/23/2022.
WUNC-FM and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and welcomes all to apply without regard to age, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. WUNC-FM is committed to anti-racism, diversity, and to building an inclusive newsroom.