The WFMY News 2 in Greensboro, NC seeks an experienced Local Sales Manager. This position is responsible for leading a sales strategy that will focus on the development of new enterprise business to successfully deliver customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms including television, digital, mobile and other emerging products. The Local Sales Manager will be responsible for developing a strong, forward thinking sales team and will successfully work with all levels of the Greensboro-High Point-Winston Salem business community. The position reports to the Director of Sales.
Responsibilities: Drive new business development efforts to increase number of new enterprise accounts to ensure sales team meets and exceeds all sales revenue goals
• Recruit, hire, onboard, train and develop new sales hires; effectively manage, develop and motivate existing sales team
• Develop strong relationships with local advertisers
• Manage key local accounts with account executives
• Identify market potential through lead generation and qualification
• Accurately identify, monitor and forecast sales and marketing trends for key business segments
• Complete appropriate business activity reports and forecasts as required
• Review and adjust metrics to monitor sales/market share change
• Expand sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services and developing new client solutions
• Achieve sales operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to overall strategic plan by monitoring competitive products and feedback from market
• Assess sales team in different situations; provide timely/relevant coaching and conduct/recommend appropriate training
• Supports sales staff with ride along coaching, participating in client meetings, developing proposals and other aspects of the full sales process
Recommends creative ideas that improve the company’s competitive position and the bottom line
• Develops creative and effective customer focused solutions using all media platforms.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.