Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
WFMY News 2, the CBS affiliate in Greensboro, North Carolina, is looking for a dynamic, creative and driven Executive Producer for The Good Morning Show. This person, who is responsible for overseeing and producing daily content, must also be organized and thrive at delivering on tight deadlines. Solid visual and editorial skills are essential. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, energetic and strategic thinker, who is also a team player with a positive attitude. A strong awareness of current events, social media trends and skills with different platforms is essential. We are proud to have the longest running morning newscast in the country and are looking for a strong leader who is focused on integrating multiple platforms and pushing innovation.
- Manage the day to day responsibilities of the show
- Accountable for The Good Morning Show ratings and performance
- Principle liaison with News, Sales and Marketing for all communication and assignments
- Develop, book, produce unique and engaging daily segments
- Produce informative and creative segments that achieve positive results in the community
- Write, proof and review scripts, graphics and other show elements
- Creates daily social media posts and content for website based on show materials
- Develops and fosters strong, collaborative relationships with news team
- Works as required on other locally produced programming and marketing materials
- Ability to build daily show rundown (preferable ENPS)
- Ability to line produce daily show when needed
- Responsible for team’s annual reviews
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- Three (3) years producing news
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
- Manage, prioritize and track multiple projects while still meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Solid organization and time management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Independently identify, assess and solve problems or improve processes
- Must have ability to work flexible hours when needed, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.