Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Executive Producer of Newsgathering-13289
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
WCNC in Charlotte, NC is seeking a creative, ambitious newsroom leader to guide our daily content. The Executive Producer of newsgathering will work with reporters, photographers, and digital staff to craft impactful content that is highly engaging and memorable. Our leadership team works together to build a strong culture and works collaboratively. If you are someone who loves brainstorming, creating content, coaching, and being innovative, come join our team. This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Coordinates and oversees daily newsgathering efforts during the day
- Assigns daily stories and projects to reporters, anchors, and photographers and monitors the progress of story development throughout the evening
- Focuses on accuracy and strong writing in our scripts, copy editing, and closely working with reporters to create accurate, informative, and engaging content. Approvals for on-air scripts prior to news broadcasts
- Aggressively covers breaking news for?all platforms
- Champions story planning and works with the entire team to produce?engaging storytelling through strong writing, visuals, use of sound, graphics, and other production techniques
- Boldly participates in the newsroom editorial meetings to make editorial decisions
- Collaborates with the Assignment Desk on potential story ideas and planning for both on-air and digital coverage
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- 5+ years of newsroom experience
- Track record of quality journalism, high integrity, and ethical decision making
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, photojournalism, editing, and content management systems a plus
- Excellent copy-editing skills
- A desire and demonstrated ability to lead other journalists
- Passion and vision for emerging media, ability to pivot based on new technology
- Strong organizational, motivational, and communication skills
- Ability to work and be on call nights and weekends
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and lead change
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.