Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Market President, Asheville
Only one company has the #1 position in everything Audio reaching 9 out of 10 Americans every month –– iHeartMedia. With over a quarter of a billion monthly listeners in the U.S., iHeartMedia has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America.
Today Radio has more significant reach than TV. Podcasting is the fastest-growing medium ever. Podcasters and radio hosts are the new influencers with massive, hyper-engaged fan armies. New digital audio data, insights, and analytics tools make it easier than ever to plan, buy and grow with Audio. In short, the audio revolution is here.
The Market President is a senior leadership role responsible for driving the revenue growth of iHeartMedia’s broadcast, digital, and live entertainment products and delivering the highest sustainable profit margins while protecting the stations’ licenses. As the senior member of the market’s management team, you will serve as the cultural anchor for all employees by role modeling iHeartMedia values and operating principles throughout Asheville, NC. The Market President is responsible for the overall success of the brands within the market, as well as throughout the country, including both the product and sales organizations.
This candidate must have a deep knowledge of business development, client relationship building, and sales. The Market President reports to the Division President.
What You’ll Do:
- Establishes goals and executes initiatives that align strategic plans, both within Asheville, NC and across business units throughout the US, to build unique revenue opportunities that leverage all aspects of the company’s product offerings (e.g., Broadcast radio, iHeartRadio, Podcasts, Live Events, etc.) for key advertisers across all media platforms.
- Works directly with CEOs and CMOs to create marketing strategies in Asheville, NC and throughout the US
- Builds relationships within the community with local governments, local media, charitable organizations, and industry boards to create sales opportunities and build relationships
- Attends highest profile account presentations; provide coaching and leadership to more junior sales members
- Executes market specific plans to drive sales growth leveraging companywide initiatives and assets
- Exercises in-depth monitoring and awareness of the competitive landscapes.
- Produces online marketing plans and other promotional materials to guide national and local online initiatives.
- Works with the product development teams to create new revenue opportunities across all product and programming offerings.
- Implements the operational strategic plan and direction of iHM with other market managers within the company.
- Builds and nurtures relationships at all levels to fully understand customers’ business and marketing objectives.
- Establishes and maintains a high profile in the social media markets and community.
- Drives results through team and hold them accountable to business goals
- P&L ownership for local markets; balance growing sales revenue with operational efficiency to maximize profitability and deliver on goals
- Fosters an inclusive, high-performance culture with high ethical standards
- Provides visible leadership and communication to the market
- Provides regular updates to key stakeholders and implement best practices
What You Bring:
- Demonstrated business leadership success and management experience with strong background in revenue generation (sales growth)
- A proven track record of running a successful sales organization; growing and coaching managers and sellers
- Exceptional business acumen and insightful understanding of industry trends and revenue drivers
- Entrepreneurial drive with an ability to organize, prioritize and clarify deliverables
- Ability to work within a structured environment to communicate local market status to corporate executives
- Ability to make data driven decisions with speed to achieve maximum results
- Ability to make tough business and people decisions, while creating positive energy in the face of challenges
- Dynamic presence, stellar written and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and influencing abilities across multiple levels
- Ability to create & leverage a highly collaborative operating environment
- Undergraduate degree or an appropriate combination of education and experience is required, Graduate degree a plus
Asheville, NC: 13 Summerlin Road, 28806
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
Company provided and supplemental life insurance
Paid vacation and sick time
Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
A 401K plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
?A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Some positions in certain divisions of the iHeartMedia family of companies are subject to mandatory vaccination requirements as a condition of employment. Candidates who have been offered employment for these positions at iHeartMedia, subject to applicable law, will be required to demonstrate they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation from the vaccination requirement by their start date (which may be extended for such purposes). If the aforementioned requirements are not met, candidates who have accepted offers for such positions will have their offers rescinded and/or employment terminated in accordance with applicable law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Click Here to learn about the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.