Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
WGHP/FOX 8 is looking for a Maintenance Support Engineer to be a part of our Engineering Department. This opportunity allows the qualified applicant to expand their career in the field of broadcast television including network and infrastructure support in the operations of WGHP/FOX 8
MAJOR PURPOSE: To maintain and repair technical equipment and computer-based systems associated with the operation of WGHP to the standards of the management of WGHP.
- Troubleshoot and repairs of electronic and mechanical equipment that is required for the operation of WGHP
- To perform preventative maintenance as necessary on our electronic and mechanical equipment
- To work with the Engineering Staff to ensure proper operation of the station with optimum quality and conform with all FCC and FAA rules and regulations
- To work closely with the other departments in the maintenance and operation of their associated equipment
- To prioritize the repair and replacement of equipment
- Have in-depth knowledge of computer networking, cabling, and repairs
- Additional duties as assigned
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand the operation of the WGHP broadcast air-chain
- Working knowledge and understanding of UHF transmitter, Bonded Cellular, ENG, SNG and RF microwave systems
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations of the FCC
- Use and knowledge of specialized and standard test equipment
- Advanced computer skills preferred
- This position requires an “on call” status when emergencies or breakdown of critical equipment occurs to the operation of WGHP
- Maintain and update the spare parts inventory and ordering of replacement parts as needed
- Must have the ability to make decisions and take prompt action independently
- Must be able to work alone and unsupervised when necessary
- Must have attention to detail with great accuracy
- Ability to understand and teach the operation of some technical equipment to persons in other departments of WGHP
Minimum 2–3 yeas’ work experience in the maintenance and repair of computer, networking, and commercial television equipment.