Account Executive - 14557
Do you want to live in the third fastest growing city in the US? Do you want to sell in a city that’s thriving? Do you want to live in close to the mountains AND the beach? How about the climate of a beautiful city like Charlotte, NC? Plus you would work for the best company in the business, TEGNA. Well look no further, WCNC has the best opportunity for you.
WCNC-TV has an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive to join our Sales team! We provide the great culture, numerous tools/resources and an environment for you to achieve unlimited success by offering great ideas and creative executions to local businesses.
The Account Executive develops new and incremental revenue, focused on the customer’s return on investment. The AE retains and grows existing key accounts through insight proposals, proof of performance, and maximizing station assets. You are also responsible for an existing list of active accounts that have great opportunity for growth. This position offers both a base salary and huge opportunity to grow your income through a rewarding commission structure. This is a direct hire role eligible for standard company wide benefits.
- Create strategic business plans with manager to meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Develop advertising solutions for local businesses that deliver results.
- Upsell current customers by providing proof of performance and solid results.
- Source extra accounts (prospects) in the pipeline at all times. Replenish as these accounts emerge.
- Conduct Needs Analyses and account reviews to uncover the customer’s most essential needs.
- Possess a deep understanding of local and regional business vertical segments.
- Demonstrate product knowledge and value to their customers.
- Explain the benefits of Digital and its integration with TV, in tandem with digital personnel.
- Effectively negotiate with customers to meet a winning return on investment.
- Collaborate with Account Manager to provide timely and accurate traffic instructions; conducts account maintenance including make-goods posts, and aging/collections.
- Create and deliver formal written and verbal presentations to clients.
- Use CRM (Matrix) to manage day to day activity, build a pipeline and ensure execution.
- Use CRM (Matrix) tool for projections, weekly.
Here’s what you need (Requirements):
- Minimum 2 years business to business sales experience
- Local television sales experience preferred but not necessary
- Proven sales leader with demonstrated record of sales achievement
- Ability to think and lead strategically
- Proven problem solver
- Effective driver of integrated revenue
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Wide Orbit experience is a plus
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.