WCNC, TEGNA’s NBC station in Charlotte, North Carolina, is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a vision for what local news should be on digital, social and OTT streaming platforms. This person will have an audience-first approach to produce and distribute WCNC Charlotte’s editorial content, both written and video, across all WCNC Charlotte’s digital, mobile, app, streaming and social media platforms. This position is a member of our news content team focused on our mobile audience experience and community engagement.
WCNC Charlotte Digital Content Producers are leaders in the newsroom who are responsible for quality content and audience experience on all WCNC Charlotte digital, social and streaming platforms including content production, presentation and distribution. They have their finger on the pulse of the viewers, listening to what they want to know and responding with verified answers. They help create multiple platform storytelling through all WCNC Charlotte platforms including, but not limited to, broadcast, digital and social by collaborating with all content creators and producers. They enterprise content through social listening, stay plugged into the community, pitch stories and produce original content for our audience whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time.
• Produce audience first, engaging storytelling through digital articles, videos, photo galleries, social media, push alerts, live streams and interactive elements
• Compile, shoot and/or edit videos for WCNC Charlotte digital platforms, such as YouTube and Roku
• Focus on accuracy and balance in articles and social content through copy editing and are willing to help train staff on digital best practices
• Social listening: Monitor social chatter and track trending stories via Taboola, CrowdTangle, Google Trends, Reddit and other methods. Those things should be pitched to the newsroom and reported on digitally
• Urgently and aggressively report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills)
• Generate web traffic through Search Engine Optimization best practices, website and app management, push notifications and application of advanced social media skills
• Coordinate with all newsroom departments on content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination, marketing efforts and social listening
• Use digital and social analytics to inform editorial decisions
• Assist reporters and anchors in the creation of native-feeling social content
• Implement best practices on WCNC Charlotte digital and social platforms
• Ensure newsroom upholds journalistic integrity and the WCNC Charlotte brand across platforms