• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and non-technical end users.
• Demonstrated leadership, team management, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Be a self-starter and team player.
• Be able to perform well under pressure and meet deadlines focused on customer service and satisfied stakeholders.
• Excel as a “hands-on” engineer capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience with RF systems and transmitter maintenance a plus.
• Experience in field operations including trucks, satellite, microwave, and IP newsgathering technologies a plus.
• Reading and creating detailed engineering documentation.
• Extensive experience in broadcast systems, networking, servers, desktop, monitoring, end user support.
• Ability to lift 50lbs, climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components and perform other physical tasks.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education and a minimum of five years’ experience in a broadcast operations and technology role.
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment\
• Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.