Media - Journalism - Newspaper
DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER - WBTV
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WBTV was the first television station to sign on in the Carolinas and is considered the "most trustworthy source of news and information" in the area according to research. WBTV First Alert Weather is the certified most accurate forecast for the market as measured by WeatherRate. Being "On Your Side" for viewers, clients and the community is the guiding principle of WBTV and helps drive its award-winning newscasts and quality local journalism.
WBTV is looking for a Digital Content Producer to join our team. Our digital and broadcast producers work closely together to enhance the WBTV On Your Side brand across all platforms. The right candidate will execute an aggressive multi-platform content strategy by developing and posting engaging content on digital and social media platforms. Strong writing skills, excellent time management skills, news judgment, and a working understanding of social media platforms are key to success in this position. You must have the ability to do basic newsgathering in the newsroom and in the field as needed. A basic knowledge of video and still photography and editing is also a plus. A bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field is preferred.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Posts news stories to the station's website, apps, and social media
- Executes live coverage on multiple platforms during breaking news, severe weather, and developing stories
- Creating and publishing content to digital and social media platforms to enhance the On Your Side brand
- Posts engaging content on WBTV social media platforms
- Copy-edits digital stories from reporters and other newsroom staff
- Knowledge and use of effective SEO practices
- Livestreams events using station technology for WBTV’s streaming platforms
- Attends and contributes during daily editorial meetings
- Ability to think creatively and collaborate with others in the newsroom, including special projects and new products
- Use data-driven decision-making for stories, especially follow-ups
- Be receptive to constructive feedback and mentoring
- Demonstrate flexibility throughout shift and ability to pivot quickly, especially when it involves major breaking news - The Digital Content Producer works closely with news managers, reporters, anchors, meteorologists, and photojournalists to create and showcase original content and curate quality images, text, and sound for all platforms and social media
- Excellent writing and copy-editing abilities in adherence with AP Style guidelines
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrates solid news judgment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Working understanding of social media platforms
- Basic newsgathering (including developing story ideas, confirming information, breaking news coverage)
- Basic knowledge of video and still photography and editing a plus
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WBTV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references.