Media - Journalism - Newspaper
WLOS News 13 has a great opportunity for a great reporter!
WLOS News 13 has a great opportunity for a great reporter. We are looking for a Monday-Friday dayside reporter (Not MMJ) in beautiful Asheville, NC. If you are a take-charge General Assignment Reporter who wants to help their next newsroom grow and empower their audiences, this may be the job for you! We are seeking a motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter who can think and perform outside the box. The ideal candidate should be able to develop story ideas and gather information for newscasts, have sound writing skills, a great work ethic, and a can-do attitude. The best person for this job will have excellent live shot skills and thrives on breaking stories.
No day will look the same as a Reporter, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Enterprise meaningful stories for station’s newscast that can be used across multiple platforms
- Provide news on-air as directed from the news management team
- Engaging with local community members
- Reviewing material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
- Work closely with all members of the news team, which would include Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors etc..
Additionally, this person should have …
- Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
- Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
- 2+ years of experience as a Reporter
- Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Sinclair Broadcast Group