Are you ready for the challenge of leading a top-rated late-night newscast in a highly competitive market? FOX8 WGHP-TV is looking for a 10pm producer. You’ll craft an hour-long newscast with all the tools to succeed from staffing to equipment. We’re looking for someone who can put together award-winning shows, come up with story ideas, and know how to have a little fun too. We want someone with a creative mind who can make the 10pm news each night must-see tv.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism
- 2 years TV news producing experience
- Excellent writer
- Great attitude
- Work with the Executive Producer to create memorable show rundown
- Strategize newscast building based on knowledge of our audience, ratings and history of the area
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Fill-in produce on other newscasts as necessary
- Promote teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all newsroom personnel
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled