Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Video Content Editor - 007332
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
WCNC-TV in Charlotte, NC is seeking a full-time Video Content Editor. The ideal candidate will bring a new level to our editing content that will be on all of our platforms (television, internet, mobile). You won’t just handle typical day to day news editing for broadcast but will also help with producing high-quality content
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- Edits news and feature stories, voiceovers, teases, and other video elements for live shows and pre-taped specials as needed.
- Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments, capturing feeds and sending and receiving material to and from multiple TEGNA stations, while constantly monitoring quality control.
- Ability to determine good audio and picture quality; ability to edit with continuity and creativity on non-linear systems.
- Non-linear editing experience; knowledge of Edius a plus.
- Adobe Suite experience a plus.
- Experience with Bit Central playback and archive system.
- Maintain station archive system.
- TV News photography experience also a plus.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have experience as a non-linear editor – preferably in a local TV news department environment;
- Must be able to work a flexible shift, including holidays, evenings, mornings, weekends and occasional overtime.
- Must be team oriented, have a positive attitude, possess good computer skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under time pressure deadlines; ability to multitask and prioritize multiple needs simultaneously.
- Ability to create/edit material for on-air broadcasts and web, while meeting deadlines.
- We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving and a strong work ethic.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal